This weblog is no longer being maintained. All information here has been ported to EclecticEchoes.com. This site (heupel.com/eclectic) remains only for archival purposes.
- Laptop shot in anger
- PC thrown out the window to destroy evidence before police arrived
- Laptop fell off a moped and was run over by lorry
- Laptop dropped in bath while doing company accounts
- Stolen PCs rescued after three weeks in a river
- Red wine spilt on laptop over dinner
- Server rescued after running unchecked 24/7 for years under layers of dust and dirt
- Computer thrown against a wall
- Latte-covered laptop rescued
- Laptop left on car roof as owner drives off
Reminds me of a customer I dealt with long ago when I was a supervisor for a Compaq tech support center. I can’t recall what the customer was originally upset about, but he was berating one of the techs so I stepped in and escalated the call to myself. I calmed him down and then tried to explain the options available to resolve the issue. It all seemed to be going pretty well (a simple next day onsite visit would resolve the issue IIRC), when suddenly he threw the computer—one of those Compaq all-in-ones that came out in ‘95—out his second story window into the pool below. When he realized what he had just done he actually asked me how to fix it, genuinely sorry and worried that it was truly done in. Then he started yelling again when I told him his warranty didn’t cover taking the computer for a swim, and that I would have to cancel the onsite visit. Ah, the good ol’ days.